Friday, October 5, 2012

Foodie Friday: Cajun Chicken Pasta




So I don't know if you've ever been to Red Lobster, but they have this pasta called Cajun Chicken Pasta, and considering that I'm not much of a seafood fan (I like some fish), this is what I usually order. I was quite happy to learn that I can easily make it myself! It's super delicious and fairly simple!

Step 1: Put on some country music. I mean, come on! You're going to be making Cajun Chicken Pasta, you need a little country going on. I recommend these:

Step 2: Start boiling water for your pasta and chop up your veggies. Also, through a pan on the stove, medium heat, and add two tablespoons of butter or oil. Once the pan is hot, toss your veggies inside and saute them. (I didn't have any mushrooms on hand)


Step 3: Add pasta to the boiling water. Cube your chicken, put in a bowl, add Cajun spices and mix it until the chicken is coated. Add chicken to the pan and cook with the veggies. Once cooked, reduce heat and add half and half. Simmer.


Step 4: Drain your pasta and add it to the sauce/veggie/chicken mix.
Step 5: Stir dat pasta up.

Step 6: Add some fresh chives or green onions as a garnish, put on a plate and enjoy!


Cajun Chicken Pasta adapted from Food.com

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning( I usually just eyeball it)
Olive oil
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 green onion, chopped (I used fresh chives from my parents' garden, close enough haha)
1 cup half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
Pasta

Boil water for pasta. Chop veggies and chicken. Add olive oil to a hot pan.
Saute veggies. Add pasta to water. Add chicken and cajun seasoning to pan with veggies. Cook chicken.
Drain pasta. Add half and half to pan with chicken and veggies. Simmer.
Add pasta to pan with sauce. Toss.
Garnish with green onion and serve! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment