1. Driver's License - I'm taking my test May 16th, although I sort of forgot to get my temps renewed so I can't practice now. :S ahh cwap. I'll try and go to the DMV and get it renewed this week so I can at least try driving Devin's truck and practice parallel parking and backing up.
2. Learn to Sew - My mom knows how to use my sewing machine and I asked her to teach me. So it'll happen. Soonish.
3. Lose 20 lbs - So I was stuck in a horrible plateau for a couple of months. I'm still not sure what was causing it - maybe I wasn't eating enough or was "indulging" too much. I ended up buying a scale - needless to say, I wasn't where I was hoping I was. However, since I bought the scale, I've lost about 7lbs! So my weight is around 129 lbs, which is just awesome, cause I'm finally out of the 130s and have officially lost all the weight I gained in college! I'm so happy! I'm bringing the scale with me to camp so I can keep on track and hopefully get closer to my goal weight!
4.Get a tattoo - This is happening this summer, so expect a post on that in the future!
5.Get great at styling my hair - This is a work in progress. When I have time I've managed to do some really cute hairstyles, but I think I need to get my hair layered so I can achieve the look I want. I chopped my bangs last week (I sort of suck at it, oh well) but I will never try to cut all of my hair.
6. Cook authentic Mexican food - We made enchiladas verdes, but we used a jarred verdes sauce, so I don't think that counts. I want to make my own verdes sauce from scratch. Maybe I should just pick up a bunch of tomatillos and do it. We'll see!
7. Read at least
8. Procrastinate less - DONE. I've been really on top of things lately and I've been so much more productive with school work. Now I just have to continue doing this, which I think I'll be able to do!
9. Create more - This is a work in progress. As soon as finals are done, I'm going to delve into all the DIY's I've been wanting to try. So this'll happen soon too.
10. Develop a healthy routine - I've come a long way with this so far. I've finally gotten into the routine of eating breakfast everyday (peanut butter toast with banana is my favorite) and I try to go to bed around the same time every night. I'm going to really get into a better routine at camp, and hopefully keep that routine going into the school year.
11. Re-organize my wardrobe - this is happening closer to our move into our new house, more on that later!
12. Blog a few times a week - It's getting there! I'm slowing starting to blog more, now that I'm starting to have more time. During camp it'll be difficult without internet, but I'll try to get to town to queue up a few posts every week.
13. Discover a new hobby - Barefoot running! I've never been a runner and once the weather started getting warmer, I started a Couch to 5K program. I'm about halfway through, and to haven't really gone running a few weeks, but that was mainly because I was so busy with Mid Program Review and busy busy busy weeks at work. So I'm starting where I left off, maybe even this week if I'm not too busy preparing for finals!
14. Enjoy the outdoors - this'll happen more at camp, though I've just been enjoying my walks to class and work. I love passing lilac bushes and just taking in their wonderful smell. Favorite part of spring :)
15. Become a Boy Scout - will happen more at camp, though I suppose I could work on my knot tying now haha
16. Start doing yoga - yeah this hasn't happened yet. I have a yoga mat, I just haven't gone to any classes or done any videos or anything...
17. Discover new design inspiration - Most of this has come from my History of Design class. I've learned a lot and it's been such a great class. (it helps that my professor looks like a young Liam Neeson mixed with Doctor Who's Matt Smith, ;) ) I've also been following a ton of design blogs as well as checking out sites like dribbble. I'm hoping to subscribe to some design magazines to keep me inspired (this was a recommendation from Mid Program Review and I think it's a great idea)
18. Learn how to make awesome drinks - put on hold because alcohol is expensive! hahaha
19. Carry a sketchbook with me at all times - I've been so bad at this! I buy these cute little moleskine sketchbooks and then I forget them at home. I'll try harder this summer/fall.
20. Learn to swim better - I'm going to ask my friend Jordyn to help me with this at camp. She's on swim team at my high school and also works aquatics at camp!
21. Live everyday to the fullest - I've been trying to! :)
Alright, I have a paper to write and laundry to do, so hope everyone has a great day!