Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Carving and How to Carve a Pumpkin Like a Man!

So tonight Devin and I finally carved pumpkins! It only took us 8 years of our relationship to carve pumpkins together. We are such dorks.
Anyway, we went the non traditional route when it came to our pumpkins and got a small white one and a tall one with weird warty like things.
The white one was easy to carve. I drew the design and Devin did most of the carving. I like to think of it as me being the art director and him the production crew.
The warty one on the other hand, was super duper thick. Devin had to hack away at that thing until he got the top off of it and decided that there was no way that we were going to carve into that. So then I mentioned that you can drill holes in pumpkins and the drill was brought out. Mike came and helped drill holes. It was a very manly activity.

Once we were finally finished we added some tea lights and put them out on the front porch!
They turned out super cute! Now I just hope the squirrels don't eat them! Have a wonderful Halloween! xoxo, emily

No comments:

Post a Comment