Saturday, January 21, 2012

Modivational Anger

So it's been a little while since I posted last. I've been super busy with work the last few days. Our Student Center is re-opening after a huge renovation, so I've had many days full of training, taking promo photos and organizing our equipment.
Today while on our lunch breaks, a lot of us discussed how we wanted to lose weight and get back in shape. This has been something I've been half-assed trying to do since my freshman year. It really hit me that I haven't been trying hard when one of my coworkers said, "Everyone's losing weight," and then proceeded to point out two girls and tell them how great they looked. I know she wasn't doing it intentional, because to be honest, it sure doesn't seem like I'm trying all that hard.
It made me mad at myself - for making excuses and just not doing it. Needless to say, I got really pissed off and channeled that into a workout tonight. And now that I've done it, I feel so much better. Except the fact that it's nearly 1 am and I'm not sleeping cause I have tons of energy, I feel great. Maybe I just need to get angry to motivate myself. Maybe I need to be like those mean personal trainers, only with myself.
I guess we'll see how this goes. But I will not give up this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment