Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Summer Dreamin' on Such a Winter's Day

I almost put California Dreamin', since that's the real lyrics and all, except I live in Wisconsin. And I've never been to California.
It snowed last night. It was 43° during the day yesterday. I went for a run in my Vibram FiveFingers and felt so great. I went to work for the night and when I was walking home at 10:30 pm, it was snowing like a mofo. That's Wisconsin for you. I know I should just be used to it, but I'm so sick of winter. I miss summer.
It doesn't help that I got my camp contract in the mail (aka I got hired back for camp). I've started running outside (using c25k app) and I really love it. I can't wait to get better at running and to be able to run at camp every morning. I want to have bonfires on the beach. I want to go kayaking across Bear Lake. I want to go hiking in the woods. I want to smell like natural lemongrass bug spray. I want to wear flouncy summer dresses on the weekends. Oh and farmers markets! And, I want to take my Chacos out of my closet for the year. I miss my Chacos.

Here are some neat photos keeping me inspired for summer.


























































































 




















and while searching for these, I came across this and it's just too ridiculous not to share:

















hahaha

 photo sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7


Well, hopefully the rest of the winter will go by really fast. But probably not. Oh well, I'd better get used to it. Only 3 1/2 more months til summer! :)

Hope everyone's day is lovely


 

2 comments:

  1. I usually love winter, but I am so ready for summer. So I am with you, lets hope it goes by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went Kayaking in the ocean once. Well, I got in the kayak, got sick, got out, and threw up. It looked like fun though! :)

    ReplyDelete