So, this post was intended for my birthday - Novemer 14th. A bit of a fail on my part, haha. I've been so busy lately and I can not wait for finals to be over and for winter break to finally happen. I'm so sick of worrying about grades, projects and money.
Anyway - I just turned 21! Very exciting and awesome, and I love being able to order fun drinks off those colorful drink menus at restaurants. It also makes me realize that I really am starting to grow up and that I am a young adult now. I know I need to take more responsibility in my life, so I decided to come up with 21 goals to accomplish before next year. I've seen quite a few bloggers do this before and I find it to be very inspiring! So here's my list:
1. Finally get my driver's license: So I've never gotten my driver's license. Sometimes I feel really anxious when driving, so I don't have the most experience with it. But at the same time I'm so sick of having to ask people for rides and I feel bad that I still don't have it. I know what I need to work on, so now I just need to practice more and more.
2. Learn how to sew: I got a sewing machine for Christmas in seventh or eighth grade and I haven't used it since. It's a really nice machine and I really want to be able to sew my own dresses.
3. Lose twenty pounds: So I know this is like the biggest goal for a lot of people, but for me I really think this is something I can accomplish. I've already lost the 15 lbs I've put on in college, and now I'd like to lose the 20 I gained my senior year of high school.
4. Get a tattoo: I have a couple of tattoo ideas and I really want to get one already! I'm a little afraid of the pain, but I know it will be worth it! I'll post my tattoo ideas later!
5. Get great at styling my hair: When I was a little kid, I used to wear my hair in a huge braid going down to my waist. Now I usually just wash my hair and let it air dry and don't really do anything fun with it. I want to get good at doing my hair and create cute hairstyles.
6. Cook authentic Mexican food: I love Mexican food. A lot. And I know the kind I've had isn't truly that authentic, but I'd love to be able to cook more authentic dishes instead of American-style tacos. I want to learn to cook other international cuisines as well.
7. Read at least 2 books a month: I love reading, but I've been terrible about doing it! I was so busy this year that I never had time to read much for fun. When I did finally have time, it was so great and relaxing to get lost in a book. I'm hoping I can bump this up from two a month to one a week! We'll see though!
8. Procrastinate less: This one speaks for itself. I need to start doing projects as soon as I get them instead of waiting until the last minute.
9. Create more: Draw more, design more, make more, etc. Generally just be more creative.
10. Develop a healthy routine: Currently my schedule is very scattered, and because of this I don't go to bed at the same time every night, or get up at the same time. My time to work out and take care of myself are really scattered as well. I want to get into a healthy routine that I can stick with all year.
11. Re-organize my wardrobe: My closet is a mess. I never know what to pair with what either. I want to organize everything into outfits and make it easier to find things.
12. Blog a few times a week: I'm so terrible at this! Haha! It's hard when you're first starting out and don't have a lot of readers or followers. But I need to remind myself that this is for me and also for fun. I hope I'll come up with some weekly blog features too!
13. Discover a new hobby: I'd love to try something completely new to me, like skateboarding or something. I guess I'll see what new things I try this next year!
14. Enjoy the outdoors: This includes more hiking, camping, canoeing, etc!
15. Become a Boy Scout: Okay, this one needs some more clarification, haha! I work at a Boy Scout camp, and I got a copy of the Scout handbook. I basically want to learn all the skills in the handbook. (minus the stuff that's about boy's health and fitness, since I am a 21 year old girl haha) I want to learn all the knots, camping skills, etc. It should be pretty fun!
16. Start doing yoga: There are times that I get really stressed out and feel like I can't relax. Once when I couldn't fall asleep I tried a short yoga routine and I was able to relax and slept great! I want to do yoga regularly so I can feel better about myself and less stressed.
17. Discover new design inspiration: Discover new designers, styles, history, etc. Just spend more time focusing on design and art.
18. Learn to make awesome drinks: Hey, I am 21 now! I want to create my own little bar at home and be able to make fun drinks at home!
19. Carry a sketchbook with me at all times: This goes with number 9. I used to draw all the time when I was younger and now I only find myself doing it for assignments or while I should be taking notes in class! :O
20. Learn to swim better: I certainly don't sink in water, but I don't feel comfortable swimming under water or where I can't touch. I want to become a stronger swimmer!
21. Live everyday to the fullest: Life is short! At least a fifth of my life is over, and I don't want to waste my life away not experience everything I want!
I plan on coming back to this post next year on November 14th and we'll see if I accomplished everything! :)